Carrot Cake Oatmeal Pancakes

 


Most days I am a waffle girl, I love the tiny pockets of goodness with their crisp edges and their great capacity to hold my most favorite topping selection whether it be maple syrup, fresh fruit, or my most favorite nut butter. This morning I wanted to share a delicious recipe that I saw in the Costco Connections magazine and thought I should give a try. It's super simple and of course it's something most have the ingredients on hand. WIN-WIN! 

I made these for myself and our niece that slept over, she devoured them! The extra added fiber is a great way to start the day. Many of my clients express how difficult it can be to get vegetables in at most meals, but especially at breakfast this. This is a new one I will be adding to my most favorite recipes. I topped mine with some extra carrot shreds, pecan nut butter, oats, and syrup. Give them a try and let me know what your go-to toppings are below, have a great week all!!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup 2% milk
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Ghee, butter, or oil of choice
1/2 cup grated carrots

*Toppings of choice: sprinkle of shredded carrot, maple syrup, butter, chopped nuts, etc

How to:

Grind oats in a blender for a few seconds into a flour-like texture. Combine oat flour mixture with milk & egg, let to sit for 10 mins. Stir in baking soda, spices, and vanilla.
Head griddle over medium heat and melt/warm butter/oil of choice. For each pancake drop about 1/4 cup & sprinkle with 1-2 Tbsp shredded carrots.
Cook pancakes until small bubbles form and pop on top. Flip and cook about 1-2 mins until golden on other side. Avoid flipping multiple times, this creates a tough crust. Serve and sprinkle with desired toppings & enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts