Spaghetti Squash Peanut Noodles

 


Ahh the continuing adventures in Ariel's kitchen [sigh], hahaha. I have been so determined to be more adventurous over the past year and I have truly enjoyed discovering how surprisingly easy it is to cook non-traditional (to me) dishes. After finding out that George has some allergies, I had to take another look at my food aspirations for him and for my weekly meal prep. I found this recipe in Eating Well Magazine and thought it looked amazing and super easy-right up my alley. Unfortunately I couldn't share with George just yet, but hopefully he will grow out of the allergies he has and can have more sodium containing foods by then. 

Guys, this recipe is so easy and hearty. The flavor combination between the tahini, peanuts, and sesame oil makes this dish truly delicious and tastes like take-out! It definitely has Thai vibes and I love the mix up in the flavor profile from my norm. This recipe fed me for an entire week for dinner, which was great as leftovers. If you are feeling adventurous, give it a try this week and let me know what you think! 

Ingredients:

1 medium spaghetti squash roasted & removed from shell
8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
4 cups frozen vegetables (broccoli, onions, peppers)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or tahini 
1/4 cup liquid aminos
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts or toasted sesame seeds
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives or cilantro
2 tsp toasted sesame oil 

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Place frozen veggies in a large colander and set in sink. After boiling pasta reserve 1 cup of cooking water, pour the pasta over the vegetables in the colander to drain. 
Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter or tahini, liquid aminos, lemon juice, garlic, honey, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. 
Whisk 1/2 cup of reserved cooking water into the sauce until smooth. Add the pasta, roasted forked spaghetti squash, and vegetables and toss to coat. If the mixture seems dry, add more of the reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency. Top with peanut, sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro or chives. Drizzle with sesame oil before serving. 

Comments

Popular Posts