Maple Pecan Roasted Salmon

This recipe was developed by me because I have been craving maple and pecans lately in anything and everything. I thawed some frozen salmon and love these ingredients in pretty much any sauce or marinade so I stuck true to them and decided to add the maple and pecans for sweetness and man- it turned out amazing. I made it and of course didn't write anything down.... so had to make it again and luckily I remembered that I added a bit of sesame oil which I almost forgot the second time around and I think it would have made a huge difference had I not included it. This was so amazing and I'm so glad to add it to my arsenal, it can go on any fish and would be amazing on chicken if you aren't a fish fan. But honestly, this would be a great way to get some fish into your diet if you don't prefer it because the pecans, oil, and hint of sweetness brings out amazing flavors in it. 

I have been making sure I am getting a couple servings of fish in per week, especially during this last trimester since it helps with baby's brain development and also can help my mood. I have been loving salmon and cod on the side with quinoa or rice and lots of veggies. This was actually just some frozen broccoli that I roasted, the meal took me about 30 mins to meal prep for multiple servings during the week. As always, I will forever boast about the many and cascade of benefits from meal prepping and the time it saves me. After the baby arrives I wonder what shape my meal preps will take from there. It's going to be very nice, Chris & I both will be able to stay home after the baby is born for a few weeks at least and I'm so excited to share this time with him and Baby M. I hope you all enjoy this recipe, let me know if you decided to add your own flare! 

Ingredients:

2 salmon frozen (thawed)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp liquid aminos
1 Tbsp siracha
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup pecan pieces

How to:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Add all ingredients in a small dish and mix with a spoon till combined.
Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with pecan mixture. 
Place pecan mixture topped salmon in the oven for 15-20 mins till internal temp reaches 145 degrees. 
Serve with fresh cooked veggies, on top of garlic butter noodles, or simple on a salad. 

Comments

Popular Posts