Pumpkin Protein Bites


Holy moly has it been awhile since I've posted. Life has been a whirlwind since Baby G arrived and honestly I couldn't be more in love, happier, or pleased to be his mom. Little man is one month old today!! Postpartum has been a very real experience and I have been enjoying even my late all nighters with him, working on the ins and outs of breastfeeding, and getting to know this little man more and more daily. I have found time to have a couple meal preps each week and even shower... haha, if you're a mom- you know the struggle is REAL! Covered in breast milk, sweat, and a cloak of exhaustion- but I will save all that for my post next week that will be all about my post pregnancy experience thus far. 

Today I wanted to share a yummy recipe I whipped up during my last meal prep that I have been making over the years as a pre-workout snack (nope still not there yet energy wise) and a nice little yummy dessert to have that provides protein, fiber, and some delicious fats and carbs for energy. This recipe is awesome because it can be complimented to taste any flavor you wish by adding dried fruit, mashed banana, or even freeze dried fruit as well. I have all the fall feels right now... wishing the weather would cooperate a bit more so that I could take my little man on more frequent and longer walks (he gets too warm), but I know cooler temps are coming and we will then be out in full force! I'm hoping to work on a better schedule with him so that when I feel ready to get back in the gym or at least out on the streets to pound some pavement, but honestly I am in no rush because I do not feel like I have the energy to do so now even if I wanted to. In this pregnancy if I have cemented one thing in my brain it is that listening to my body is the #1 priority even above Baby G at times. I can't pour from an empty cup, so if I need sleep- that gets prioritized above dishes, laundry, or even working on the things that I love like meal prepping and even writing blog posts hence the departure from my weekly writing. I hope that you all have time and space to eventually find that in life if you haven't yet and also find the time to enjoy these amazing fall pumpkin spice protein bites! Give them a try and let me know what you think- enjoy!  

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup golden milled flax
1 scoop Orgain Vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup pure pumpkin
1/2 cup Manna Organics Dark Choco Pecan Butter 
1/4 cup agave (or honey)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup white chocolate chips



How to:

Add all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir/toss till fully combined. 
Next roll into desired size balls, place in a lidded container, & store in fridge up to a week. 

Comments

Popular Posts