Pesto & White Bean Stuffed Tomato

I found this awesome recipe in Eat Well Magazine back in June when we had a few tomatoes waiting on the counter and I thought let's give this a try. What a great way to use beans (hello protein and iron for Baby M) and also a yummy way to get some tomatoes in. Tomato season is upon us and our garden is in FULL bloom! I'm loving all that Chris has grown this year. We also have a TON of spaghetti squash coming in for the fall and I'm super pumped about that. This recipe is relatively simple and doesn't require a ton of ingredients which is always a MUST for me. I hate long and daunting recipes, that's not my jam. This is simple, delicious, and is a great use of a convince item- BEANS!!!! Give it a try the next time you are looking for an appetizer to impress some guests. Chris and I loved it and thought it would be a great app for an Italian meal. Enjoy! 


Ingredients:

1 large tomato (cut in half & hollowed out)
1/4 cup rinsed canned white beans 
2 tsp basil pesto
sprinkle of salt
garnish of fresh basil 

How to:

Cut tomato in half crosswise and hollow out the center. 
Rinse can of white beans in colander, place white beans in each side of hollowed tomato, place dollop of pesto on each, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and garnish with fresh basil. 

Comments

Popular Posts