Pecan Pumpkin Muffins

Now that we are full swing into fall I wanted to share another wonderfully delicious recipe that can be a grab and go breakfast option, a delicious treat to enjoy with an autumn cup of coffee, or as a pre-workout snack slathered in your favorite nut butter. These Pecan Pumpkin Muffins are so simple and delicious and are a great way to use some extra pumpkin you may have lying around. I often open a can for one recipe and inevitably have about 3/4 of it left to use. Instead of turning to my morning oats and adding it to that, I decided to whip these up. Not only is pumpkin packed with vitamin A it also is a great source of vitamin C, iron, and folate to help build that immune system as this flu season looms. 

Baby George has been keeping this new mommy extremely busy, so my recipe making and sharing is somewhat limited, but I am trying to get a blog post up and out every two weeks as opposed to weekly as before starting this November. As we get into a more normal routine I hope to work back to that in the coming months, but he takes precedence and so does my time devoted to taking care of myself and our family. I currently am working on my birth story which I hope to share because it was quite the surprise and happened in such an unexpected manner. As far as my time goes moving forward, my maternity leave will be up come mid-November, so we shall see how adjusting back into the work life is during the holidays and working with Chris being gone back to work. *wish me luck* 

I hope you give these a try, they really are delicious and would be wonderful for a thanksgiving meal or even an early morning breakfast for visitors in town for the holidays. Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Ingredients:

1/3 cup melted coconut oil 
1/2 cup agave (maple syrup or honey)
2 eggs at room temp
1 cup pure pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup old fashioned oats, plus some additional for sprinkling on top if desired 
2 Tbsp Manitoba Harvest Milled Golden Flax
1/4 cup crushed pecans

How to:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and agave with a whisk. Add eggs and beat well, next add pumpkin, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. 
Add flour, oats, milled flax, and pecans to the bowl and mix with a large spoon until just combined. Muffins should have lumps in batter, do not over mix. 
Divided batter into muffin tins by filling them 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle tops with oats. Bake for 22-25 mins or until an inserted knife comes out clean. 
Place muffin tin on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before removing. Loosen each from pan carefully. 
These can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or even frozen to take out an enjoy as desired.  

Comments

Popular Posts