Coconut Rice


I personally am not a huge noodle girl so for carbs rice has always been a staple on my plates. I love rice and offer it weekly- it's fast, convenient, and cheap. I also enjoy the variety of flavors and textures rice offers, some may be sticky, some more starchy, and some more sweet. A different variety of rices really have hit home to include curried flavors and this awesome coconut rice recipe. I love the creamy and slightly sweet taste it has and it pairs well with either a sweet centric meal or savory. As I have been attempting this past year to add a wider variety of flavors to my normal meal prep rotations I have found this one to be on repeat. Above I served it with a marinated tuna steak, roasted broccoli drizzled with tahini, and my homemade pickled red onions. This bowl was bursting with amazing and strong flavors that went so well together. It's a great way to elevate this starch and can compliment so many different flavors. Give it a try this week and delight your senses. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

2 cups basmati or jasmine rice
1-13.5 oz can coconut milk 
1 1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

How to: 

In a medium sized pot, rinse rice several times until water runs clear. Drain all excess water and add coconut milk, water, salt, & sugar. 
Turn on high until it boil, then turn heat to low and cook covered for 20 mins. 
Uncover and cook the last 5 mins without lid on, fluff, serve, and enjoy! 


Comments

Popular Posts