2- Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies


I don't know about you, but I am an all year round pumpkin kind of gal. I love pumpkin's nutritional punch- rich in beta carotene (antioxidant and precursor for Vitamin A), Vitamin C, and a good source of Vitamin E, it has fiber, and is about 94% water. I love adding it to bread mixes, oats, or even a simple recipe like this that makes it super fun to enjoy! I also love canned vegetables because they offer a shelf stable way to add extra nutrition to any meal! I stumbled across this recipe in the Kroger MyMagazine back in November and now have it saved because they turned out so well. I had to share the wealth with this one. These cookies are simple & are such a nice spicy flavor. Make them right away or save this recipe come Fall for all the things pumpkin. I added mini chocolate chips to mine, but some other fun add-ins would be pecans, pumpkin spice morsels, or white chocolate chips even! I have made these now a few times and love the simplicity- also they are niece & nephew approved. This would be a great recipe to start with the kiddos with the basics in the kitchen- pouring, mixing, and removing from a pan once cooled. 

Ingredients:

1 15 oz- can 100% Pure pumpkin
1 15.25 oz- box spice cake mix

How to:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin & cake mix.
Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto prepared baking sheet and bake 12-14 mins or until cookies are plump and beginning to brown.
Remove from oven & enjoy! 

I kept mine in the fridge for a chilled yummy treat and paired it with Greek yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert! 
 



Comments

Popular Posts